Monday 8 October 2012

MUA Nail Constellations

I was really intrigued by Ciate's Caviar beads that came out a while back.  However, I could not justify spending £18 on a pack!  So, when MUA advertised their Nail Constellations at just £3 a bottle, I had to give them a go.



There are five shades in the range and I picked up 'Pisces' which is a mix of light gold and green beads.  All you do is paint your nail and whilst it is still wet, sprinkle the beads on top before pressing them down.

I found that some of the beads got stuck in the funnel and required some vigorous salt and pepper style shaking for them to come out.  Also, I would recommend using the bottom of a nail varnish bottle to press them down as some of mine got stuck to my finger and came off.


I did mine over a tray and then poured them back in my flipping the funnel top over.


I used my sister's nails to do this on and we decided to alternate between normal polish and the beads so as not to use the whole bottle in one go!

The overall look is really unique but won't last for very long.  Despite applying a topcoat, most of the beads came off whilst showering.  

They'd be great for a special night out or if you want to try something different and at just £3 they're worth a go!

You can find MUA Nail Constellations at Superdrug and I think they're currently selling for £2.50 so get in there quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment