Friday 22 June 2012

REVIEW: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Original Packaging
New packaging
I always used to complain that my eyeshadow never lasted.  It would look great when I first put it on but just a few hours later the colour would have faded, disappeared or creased.  I then discovered Urban Decay's Primer Potion and can honestly say that I couldn't live without it now!

Urban Decay states that you should apply the Primer Potion for "more vibrant crease-free colour that lasts for 24 hours".  I have quite oily eyelids so my shadow doesn't last for 24 hours but it certainly comes close to that.  Colours do also appear a bit more vibrant on top of the Primer Potion.  I use this product almost everyday all over my eyelids and also sometime apply a little under my lower lashline to keep my eyeliner from smudging.  I also find that my eyeshadow lasts longer with Primer Potion that with Mac's Paint Pots.

I have it in sin which is a champagne colour as well as a mini version of the original.  I don't really find using the coloured primer any different from the original one but the sin primer also looks nice by itself.  The only downside I've found to this product is the packaging, which although lovely to look at, isn't very functional.  There is a doe-foot applicator which could become slightly unhygienic if you're using this product on people other than yourself and once you reach the end of the product, it's difficult to get the last bits out without resulting to cutting the bottle open!  Urban Decay have since redesigned their packaging, however, to include a squeezy tube which is much more practical.

Urban Decay's Primer Potion is quite pricey at £14.50 ($20) but it lasts a long time as you only need a small amount and I believe it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the sin potion, great review!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete